Skip to content | Monday, 30-Nov-2015 | Text Only View | Site Map | Text size: A A A

Cumbria Choice


Cumbria Map Welcome to the Cumbria Choice website.

The place to find quality affordable properties to rent in Cumbria.  Houses, flats, sheltered accomodation and garages available across the county.  Simply click on 'Property Search' above to see what's available!
Housing providers who are Partners in the scheme are: Accent Group, Barrow Borough Council, Your Derwent & Solway, Eden Housing, Home Group, Impact Housing, Riverside, Two Castles and South Lakes Housing. 

You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter

For the attention of applicants:

Please be aware that all the Cumbria Choice housing providers require new tenants to pay rent in advance before the tenancy sign up can be completed.

When you register/start bidding for properties, you should ensure that you have the resources available to make that payment when required to do so.


Important information about applying for a property.

  • Your final Banding and eligibility for a property will be checked prior to shortlisting therefore your position on the shortlist may change at close of bidding.

  • Please note there are no Property Adverts on a Wednesday.
  • Some properties are covered by local lettings policies for example you may need to have a local connection to an area or be of a certain age to be able to apply. This information is given in the advert. 

Do you need to downsize to avoid the 'Bedroom Tax'? - Think about a Mutual Exchange

You can use the Cumbria Choice website to look for a mutual exchange. All you need to do is  click on the 'Home Swap Direct' tab at the top of the page.

Want to know more about how a mutual exchanges works - click on: Mutual Exchanges

Further Information

If you would like further information on the Cumbria Choice lettings policy, please click here

If you need to contact any of the partner landlords via email, telephone or in person the contact details are listed under Partner Landlords

Other Housing Options

To access Homeswapper please click here

To access Houseexchange please click here



Some information on this site is in PDF format (Portable Document Format). To view these documents you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Adobe Gif     (This link will open in a new window)

Download Adobe Acrobat Reader     (This link will open in a new window)

Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy
Click here to download the browsealoud software